muay thai training camp Thailand
Home  |   Costs  |   Faqs  |   News  |   Photo Gallery  |   Thai Boxing Stadium  |   Contact Us

Thailand Dependent Visa

Non-Immigrant “O” Visa are issued to dependents of non-immigrant visa holders working for government associated agencies and non-profit or public organisations including retired persons or persons who originally held Thai citizenship, medical treatment and sports training according to government demands, or as witnesses or defendants in lawsuits.

Foreigners with a Thai Spouse

Foreigners with a Thai spouse who are able to show proof of marriage can obtain a 1-year Non-Immigrant “O” Visa.

1) Required documents

  • An application form TM.7
  • A copy of an original passport or substitute document.
  • One 4 x 6 cm photo.
  • Marriage certificate or its equivalents.
  • Birth certificate (if any) and current original medical certificate (30-50 baht at any Thai clinic).
  • Evidence to identify that the supporter or the person being supported has Thai nationality or has residence in Thailand.
  • If an applicant is the supporter, he/she must submit financial evidence, proof of employment, a work permit and tax receipts. Applying for an extension for foreigners who support or are being supported by a spouse with Thai nationality or who has residence in Thailand.

2) Validity of visa

This visa is valid for a period of 90 days.

3) Extension of stay

The Immigration Office will grant an applicant a maximum extension of one year at a time.

4) Visa fee

1,900 Baht

5) Where to apply

Foreigners must apply for a Non-Immigrant “O” Visa at a Thai Embassy or Consulate abroad before entering Thailand.

Retirement Visa

1) Required documents

  • Application form TM.7
  • A copy of an original passport or substitute document.
  • One 4 x 6 cm photo.
  • Proof of financial status or pension.
  • Letter from your embassy saying that you wish to retire in Thailand. (Must be over 50 years old).
  • Proof of at least 800,000 Baht in a Thai bank account, or an income of not less than 65,000 baht per month, or a combination of funds in your bank account and monthly income. Example: 400,000 Baht in your bank account and income of 32,500 Baht every month.
  • If an applicant is 50 - 59 years old with illness, or is feeble and sensitive to colder climates, and has lived in Thailand for a long period of time, special circumstances may be considered. An applicant must also submit medical certificates and proof of having lived in Thailand for a long period of time.
  • Pensioners arriving before October 1998 who have remained in the country continously only need 200,000 Baht in a Thai Bank when they apply for an extension.
  • Foreigners must provide evidence that he/she has income amounting to at least 65,000 baht per month or a bank account amounting to at least of 800,000 baht in cash when initially applying for a one-year visa.

2) Application procedures

Many Immigration offices now have the authority to issue a one-year retirement visa without sending the application to Bangkok. With all the required documents in hand and the bank certification dated the same date as the application, a one-year retirement visa will usually be ready the same day, and may take a little as 1 hour.

3) Visa fee

500 Baht

4) Note

  • The bank certification of deposit (of 800,000 baht) must show that the money was transfered into the Thai bank account from another country.
  • In the case of applications for 1-year extensions of stay or applications to change tourist or transit visa to non-immigrant visa, evidence must be provided by each applicant that has income or bank deposit in the same amounts as indicated in the requirements.
  • Retirees who are married to a foreigner (eg. an Englishman married to say a Phillipino) can apply for a non-immigrant “O” visa under the normal criteria of 800,000 baht or 65,000 baht coming in each month. However, if he/she wants to include his/her spouse on this visa, they must show proof of marriage, such as a marriage certificate.

5) Further information

Tel: (662) 287-3905 or 287-3101-10 (ext 2259-61)

Temporary Residence O-A Visa

This type of visa is issued to applicants aged 50 years or above wishing to take take up residence in the Kingdom for at least one year.

1) Qualifications

  • A foreign national whose age is 50 years or above (on the date of submitting the application).
  • Not being prohibited from entering Thailand under the Immigration Act B.E.2522(A.D.1979).
  • Having no criminal record against the security of Thailand and the country of his/her nationality, or the country of his/her residence.
  • Must be a national or a resident of the country where his/her application is submitted.
  • Not having prohibitive diseases (Leprosy, Tuberculosis, Drug Addiction, Elephantiasis and Third step of Syphilis) as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535).
  • Not seeking to work in Thailand.

2) Required documents

  • A passport valid for at least 18 months.
  • Three copies of visa application form completely filled out.
  • Three passport-sized photos of the applicant taken within the past six months.
  • A personal Data Form.
  • A copy of bank statement showing a deposit at the amount equal to not less than 800,000 Baht or an income certificate (an original copy) with a monthly income of not less than 65,000 Baht, or a deposit account plus a monthy income totalling not less than 800,000 Baht.
  • In the case of the bank statement, a letter of guarantee from the bank (an original copy) is to be shown as well.
  • Verification stating that the applicant has no criminal record issued from the country of his/her nationality or residence (the verification shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notorized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission).
  • A medical certificate issued from the country where the application is submitted, showing no prohibitive diseases as indicated in the Ministerial Regulation No.14 (B.E. 2535), which shall be valid for not more than three months and should be notorized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission.
  • In the case that the applicant wishes to have his/her spouse stay together in the Kingdom but the spouse is not qualified for a Non-Immigrant O-A Visa, their marriage certificate shall also be produced as evidence and should be notorized by notary organs or the applicant's diplomatic/consular mission. (The spouse will be considered for temporary stay under category O).

3) Application procedure

Applicants can submit their applications both at the Thai embassy/consular missions where they have their permanent residence or at the Office of the Immigration Bureau in Thailand.

Section 1, Sub-Division 1,
Immigration 1, Immigration Bureau,
Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road,
Sathorn District,
Bangkok 10120
Tel: (662) 287-4948 or 287 3101-10 ext. 2236

Please be advised that the following applicants are eligible to apply for this type of visa in the country:

  • Applicants undergoing Health Rehabilitation Programs in hospitals or Health Centres. These organizations will apply on behalf of the individual applicant.
  • Applicants who are spouses/parents/children of applicants above.
  • Applicants to whom the agencies or organizations approved by the Office of the Immigration Bureau have applied for a visa on their behalf. The applicants must have the qualifications stated above.
  • The Consular missions will be notified to issue visa to the individual applicant when the Office of Immigration Bureau has given approval.

4) Note

Foreigners must report to an Immigration Office in their area of residence every 90 days. If there is no immigration office they can report to the local police station.

In order to report by mail, you should:

  • Send the completed Report Form (47) together with a copy of the passport pages showing the applicant's photo, personal details, and the latest arrival visa stamp together with a self-addressed envelope with affixed postage stamp. This must be sent 7 days before the due date, by recoreded mail to the Immigration Bureau: 507 Soi Suan Plu, South Sathorn Road, Sathorn District, Bangkok 10120.
  • In the case of conducting any following reports, the Reply Form for the previous report should be enclosed as well.

Extension of Stay

At the end of the one-year stay, foreigners who wish to extend his/her stay shall submit a request for the extended period to the Immigration Bureau with documented evidence of money transfer, or a deposit account in Thailand, or an income certificate, of an amount not less than 800,000 Baht, or an income certificate plus a deposit account at the total amount not less than 800,000 Baht a year. Extensions for one year at a time will be granted as long as they meet the requirements as stated earlier and is at the discretion of the Immigration officer. If their spouses wish to extend their stay as well, the marriage certificate must also be produced.

Visa Runs

Visa runs are a fact of life for long-term visitors and expats in Thailand. These are trips out of Thailand, often just across the border, which enable you to extend your multiple entry visa or acquire a new visa. The easiest visa run from Phuket is either a flight to Kuala Lumpur or Singapore, since there are direct flights from Phuket Airport. Other popular destinations are Ranong, where you can cross the border by boat into Myanmar (Burma), and Hat Yai, where you can cross over into Malaysia.

There are plenty of companies that provide visa run services in Phuket. This is usually a minibus trip to one of Thailand's border crossings. The journey from Phuket to Ranong and back, including a short boat ride over into Burma, will take most of the day. However, it is probably just as easy and more fun to arrange the trip yourself. If you consider these visa runs as short interesting holidays and plan them accordingly they can seem less like a chore.

Muay Thai Camp & Boxing Training in Phuket, Thailand
Suwit Gym ( Muay Thai camp ) 15 Moo 1 , Choa Fa Rd , T. Chalong , A. Muang , Phuket , Thailand , 83130 
Tel . (66) 76 374313

Home  |  Cost  |   Faqs  |   News  |   Photo Gallery  |   Muay Thai Boxing Stadium  |  Muay Thai Training Thailand  |  Contact Us | Sitemap

Suwit Muay Thai gym : Muay Thai training camp Thailand  |  Links to Camps & Gyms

© Copyright 2004 All rights reserved by Koy